Let’s learn how to make apple cider vinegar. When you are homesteading and want to include the apple cider vinegar in your diet and other medicinal uses, then you have choice to either go to shop or make one at home. Considering making one for yourself at home is not that difficult, you should check out the below method. It’s one of the simple methods that I have found for making apple cider vinegar as an homesteading activity.
You may wonder that whether you should make the apple cider vinegar at home. My personal view on this is that less you rely on the market product as an homesteader is better. And that can give you much more control over what you consume. And what are some of the things that you can get to do in that case. It shows you that you are making it using the organic products and not relying on any chemicals.
What are health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is very healthy if taken in proportion. And it can help in lot of ailments and helps you avoid those expensive medicines. It can be used for detoxifying your body. And this way you can have clean stomach. It can be also be used for reducing the kidney stone size and reduce the pains. It can also reduce the blood sugar levels. It also helps in reducing the weight, if taken daily in small quantity. For those who are suffering from the cholesterol levels, they can control it using the apple cider vinegar. There are some of the studies that shows that it can also help with the skin issues. It can be a good option for your stomach during the acid reflux.
Let’s check out how to make Apple Cider Vinegar.
Here are some of the things that you need for making one at home.
- Filtered Water
- Apple Scraps
- Cane Sugar
- Clean Jar or Measuring Jar
I am not being specific for the quantity here. And it’s upto you how much you wish to make out from it. I’d say you should try a small bottle at first and then increase the amount as you need it in everyday routine.
1. Clean the jar and let it dry make sure it’s free from dust or so as it affects when in contact with the apple scraps and liquid.
2. Fill your jar with the apple scraps according to the quantity you want.
3. Add 1 cup can sugar into the 1 cup of water.
4. Add this water solution into the apple scraps in the jar. Make sure to add this solution until entire jar is filled with it.
5. Put the apple scrap at the bottom of the jar.
6. Cover the jar with available options that you have for the specific jar.
7. Keep it in the state for 3 weeks. Keep it in the cabinet or the kitchen shelf away from sunlight.
8. After 3 weeks, take the jar out. And remove the apple scrap from the liquid.
9. Filter the liquid from the scrap. And refill the jar with the same liquid.
10. Put the liquid away again for another 4 weeks.
11. After this time period, the liquid solution will reach the level of tartness.
12. Remove the liquid from the jar and put into the bottle for storage.
13. Make sure to keep this away from the sunlight and start using it.
It takes a lot of attempts and changes in the method to get the apple cider vinegar perfect like those processed apple cider vinegar bottles. So make sure to experiment with the storage and the taste if you wish to get the taste and smell like those market products like